We survived the crisis!
Motion Control Dance would like to thank all our funding bodies who has supported our small dance charity through the global pandemic allowing us to reopen and continue to enrich lives through movement.
Back in March when we had to close our studio doors due to Covid-19 it was a very worrying time as we did not have much reserves and cashflow showed we would only last till May. Thankfully the following funding bodies stepped in and saved us from closure and going into administration.
We would like to thank each and every organisation who has helped us get through these unprecedented time
- Garfield Weston awarded Motion Control Dance with funding to help support core costs.
- Arts Council of Wales awarded Motion Control Dance with funding from the Stabilisation Fund that covered the Director’s wages and hall hire for 6 months
- DM Thomas allowed us to use the money that was granted for our Local Motion Kids Class originally to cover costs that we still had to pay for during the lockdown and the Disability Dance Project Worker
- Tesco in partnership with Groundworks covered a month of our studio lease
- Community Foundation in Wales covered a month of our studio lease
- Foyle Foundation allowed us to use the grant funding we had for our Older People project to cover costs that we still had to pay for during lockdown and the Older People Project Worker
- Vale Heros awarded Motion Control Dance funds to create an online app with dance courses for those who are still shielding
- Magic Grants in partnership with Postcode Lottery awarded Motion Control Dance funding to set up an online resource portal for our members to use during lockdown to keep them active and engaged
- Barry Town Council awarded funds to purchase equipment to help us adapt our work online
- Vale Youth Service supported us by employing Motion Control Dance for their school summer scheme and bookings for when the youth centres reopened for an accredited dance course
- GVS and the Third Sector Preventative Fund awarded Motion Control Dance with funds towards our online app by allowing us to employ an IT co-ordinator to help create & monitor the app development
- GVS Covid Recovery Fund helped us purchase PPE equipment to get our studio safe to reopen
- Welsh Government awarded us funds from the Economic Resilience Fund to help with core costs of the charity
We are truly grateful to each of these organisations for their support during the past few months without their financial contributions our small dance charity would not have been able to continue.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH x