Terms and Conditions
ALL PARENTS WILL RECEIVE A HANDBOOK WITH ALL INFORMATION REGARDING DANCE CLASSES UPON REGISTERING WITH MOTION CONTROL DANCE
1. Classes are purchased each term once a dancer is enrolled onto our database. The classes will generally run consecutively and will break during school half term holidays. If a child starts part way through a term the payment will be due only from the start date and this will be calculated for you by the Director.
2. Payments can be taken on the first session of the term or within 2 weeks of the start date or the place will be forfeited.
3. Classes are divided by age, but these are guidelines and students can be moved class or placed by ability
4. Dancers are expected to be punctual. Warm-up is conducted at the start of every class and it is imperative that all dancers participate in warm-up to ensure that their body is ready for physical activity. They must also be picked up on time – if under 11yrs old parents must sign child in & out for safety reasons.
5. Dancers must wear appropriate clothes and footwear to class, anyone not adhering to this will not be allowed to participate in the session.
6. Dancers are expected to have fun but focus and pay attention to the Dance Teacher’s instructions and keep talking to a minimum
7. Company members will be expected to always give 100% effort. This is called “heart”
1. Fees can be paid in either full, monthly or weekly instalments
2. Term fees will be posted on the parent portal within 2 weeks of the new term beginning
3. If no payment is received by given date on statement, a £10 late fee will be added. We reserve the right to suspend your child’s classes until payment has been received.
4. Motion Control Dance Classes can be paid by the following methods- cash, cheque made out to Motion Control Dance, weekly or monthly standing orders through the parent portal which occur a small transaction fee
5. All payments for any activity or competition are non refundable and must be paid prior to the event.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personal identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorised employees and agents (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletter from our site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Motion Control Dance will never sell, trade, rent or exchange or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, customer or organisation.
Discounts, Refunds and Returned Cheques
1. Sibling discounts only apply to the younger child.
2. Any cheques returned unpaid or disputed internet payments will incur a £7.50 handling charge.
3. We regret that classes missed for whatever reason will not be refundable under any circumstances. In extenuating circumstances refunds are up to the director’s discretion.
4. Refunds will be issued in cheque form and will be issued within 28 days of notification and no refunds will be issued retrospectively.
Leaving, waiting lists and transfers
1. If a child wishes to leave Motion Control Dance, the office must be notified in writing before the term starts or we have the right to actively seek 1 month’s payment.
2. If a child leaves the Motion Control Dance and subsequently wishes to return, they may do so subject to a place being available.
3. If your child is on a waiting list, this does not guarantee a place in a particular session.
5. Places will be offered in the following order:
a. Children who need to move up a class b. New students on the waiting list
6. Students are promoted up to the higher classes at the teacher’s discretion.
Merchandise / costumes
1. All merchandise must be paid for at the time of purchase.
2. All costume contributions must be paid prior to the event and are non refundable.
3. Faulty merchandise will be replaced or refunded if returned within 14 days.
1. All teachers are fully qualified, DBS checked and insured and are fully aware of our child protection policy (available on request) However, due to the nature of teaching dance sometimes it is necessary to correct dance positions physically. This is always conducted with the utmost care and professionalism.
2. We reserve the right to cancel any classes anytime up to and including the date the activity starts. Should this occur we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible and attempt to find an alternative or a refund of any fees will be given.
3. Parents have a responsibility to notify us of any illness and injury that may affect the child’s class.
5. We do not accept responsibility for loss, damage or injury arising from errors or omissions on the registration form whether completed by you or the person in charge of your child at the time of enrolment.
6. We do not accept liability for death or personal injury to any child attending class, whether organised by Motion Control Dance or otherwise. With the exception of such injury being caused by negligence or default of any member of our staff or any other default on our part.
7. We do not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property.
8. We do not accept responsibility for any loss or expense due to circumstances beyond our control including, transport, fire, weather and other such actions.
1. Occasionally photographs or film may be made during class / performance for publicity on social media and our website and to our funders. On signing the enrolment form you are giving consent; therefore please inform us before any such event if you do not want your child to be involved.
2. Trust the professional advice/assessment/opinion of the Motion Control Dance staff
3. Negative comments to or about any dancer, parent or other organisation will not be tolerated – gossip travels fast in a dance studio and comments taken out of context can snowball into petty, damaging and hurtful arguments between dancers, parents and faculty.
4. Enjoy watching your children grow and learn as dancers! Keep in mind that while every parent wants their children to be the best they can be, we all know that along with the successes there will be failures. This is a natural part of growing up – and we hope the students will learn from these experiences and be better equipped for adulthood.
5. Understand that performing on a dance team is a year round commitment. Scheduling conflicts, dancer and parent burnout can be avoided by understanding that being a member of the Company is a major commitment.
6. These terms and conditions, and any enrolment forms you have signed, constitute an agreement between you and us in connection to the classes or any services superseding any prior agreements.
7. Motion Control Dance has a zero tolerance on bullying and should any child be found to be bullying they will be asked to leave.
8. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have the correct details for you and your child and keep us updated of any changes to health
9. If you have any issues regarding the teaching methods of our dance staff it must be taken up with the director in writing so the issue can be solved quickly and professionally.
10. In the event that we consider you to be in breach of these terms & conditions or that your child is disruptive to other students or staff, teachers or venue staff, we reserve the right to exclude your child from any activity with Motion Control Dance.